Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Home for Dexter

Dexter has been with us since April. He has had some folks apply and come meet him, but no love connections. Last Saturday a family living nearby applied. I decided after the phone interview to drive Dexter over to meet them and to do a home visit. I left Dexter there. As I let myself out the front door he was giving kisses to his new owner on the couch. It feels like the perfect place for him. Some placements just really click and this is one of those.

I always suggest a two week trial it gives time for the dog to settle in and bond with the new family. Some dogs handle changes easily some don't. So a break-in period gives all involved a test drive of sorts with no hard feelings if it doesn't become a permanent home.

I wish Karen and family many loving years with Dexter! And thank you too, Karen, for the updates on his progress.

No comments: