Monday, November 24, 2008

Teaka



Just look at this pretty little female. Teaka joined the pack on Thursday last week. She finds peace and quiet under the couch when she's exhausted after some serious play time.

I put her in the yard and let the other dogs out to meet her. She fit right in. It doesn't always happen that way. When I bring a new foster dog home I place them in the yard with the resident dogs inside. Then one or two at a time I bring out dogs to meet the new one. My own dogs get along well so it's rarely a problem. When I think it might be I use a long line/leash so I can keep the new dog from any harm.

Teaka is from a local shelter. She was placed as a puppy from the same shelter, after 6 months the owner felt he couldn't afford to care for her any longer so returned her. She wasn't responding well living in the shelter kennel. Teaka would respond to people viewing her thru the chain link door with a low growl. That behavior would never get her into a forever home. So to my house she came. She's making great progress in learning that big scary men aren't really that scary. And those big men have lots of goodies in their pockets. 

Teaka will be one of our favorites for sure. Her coat is so very soft and she gives kisses too. 
In a couple more days I'll post her on our petfinder. com page. As much as I'd like to keep her to love for myself, the goal is to let other deserving humans share her life.

No comments: