Thursday, November 27, 2008

Eddie





Eddie is truly man's best friend. Easy going, loves to play catch, and likes a good nap. He's the dog that every other dog here wants to play with. He's become quite the couch hog and as you can see likes to keep an eye on the sheep in the farmers field.


Moe was Eddie's name when he came into rescue as an eight week old pup. His six siblings came along too. Oh I love puppies, cute little black and white eating machines with teeth! Eddie was placed in a great home in Portland they loved him very much. At the age of a year he was showing some discomfort. After extensive x-rays and estimates for hip replacement, his family felt it was best to bring him back.

I was thrilled to have Eddie return. His sister, Betty Betty, is one of my own dogs. (No, that's not a typo she is so special she has two first names.) As for Eddie's hip health he gets daily supplements and I watch his weight. He runs and plays with the pack, but not too much. I'm not actually seeking a home for Eddie, but I have offered him to applicants that might be willing to deal with his possible health issues.
Adopters sign an agreement stating that the dog they adopt must come back to me if they no longer want or can no longer care for. It doesn't happen often, but it insures life long safe care for them.

No comments: