Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Katie



Who says this dog is not a border collie??? wink wink 
Katie is a smart charming Catahoula puppy that I just couldn't leave at the dog control kennels. I scooped her up on her release day. Katie's first big day was filled with a flea bath while spending the day at work with me. She charmed every canine and human in the place! 
Fate had a wonderful home in mind for Katie. One of our long time customers, Nancy, had recently lost a dog to old age, leaving a huge void in her world. She took Katie home for some play dates and fell deeply in love. So only after 10 days Katie went to her new forever home. One of the best parts of this placement is that I will get to watch this pup grow up. I also get regular opportunities to sit on the floor and give her lots of lovin'. 
As for the Catahoula breed check out this web sight for everything you would like to know about this old breed. I also contacted rescue for Catahoula. Visited with rescuers in New York and Montana. That was great fun, I can talk dogs forever. See http://www.donabney.com for Catahoula info.

No comments: