Friday, March 5, 2010

Spud



Spud had been posted on my Shedd Rescue petfinder.com site for a month or so. Had lots of hits but no applicants. His owner Toni felt Spud needed a home without cats. The tale of Anna tugged at Toni's heart so she offered to foster Anna for me. So we traded. Spud came to Shedd to live cat free till he found a new home.
I must admit I think I got the best part of that trade. Spud is a dream dog. He has a soft temperament, good recall, he likes everyone and he slid into the pack with ease. If it didn't fill a spot needed by a future foster we'd keep him, he's a great dog. I posted him on the PNWBC Rescue site and bam! he has a family coming all the way from Seattle to see him tomorrow. I have little doubt that it will be a LOVE connection.
3-6-10 Update: Spud is now a Washington resident. His new owners were totally smitten with Spud. We wish them a long and happy life together.

No comments: