Monday, October 26, 2009

Rueben has been adopted


Some foster dogs become more dear to the heart than others. It may be their personality, looks, behaviors or just the crappy beginning their lives had. They envelope your heart in mere moments. You fall so madly in love with them you can't wait to get back home to receive their barks and wiggles.

Well Rueben was one of those dogs for me. His excitement when I came home was unmeasurable. He slept with me every night and was rarely out of my sight. It often felt like he read my mind. Knowing how hard it would be to evaluate applications and actually part with him a dear fellow rescuer offered to do the deed for me.

Christine generously took over the duty of finding Rueben a loving forever home by taking him to foster in Portland. She sent updates and photos, like the one above, letting me know what a great little dog he is. It was very insightful to see Rueben through someone else's eyes.

So now Rueben has a new home in Washington with a doting couple who will take him everywhere and do everything together. What more could a devoted canine ask for.

A big thank you to Christine. It might be that Rueben left a little hole in her heart too!

Happy days Rueben.

No comments: