Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fiona Part 3 LIBERTY



Liberty born 8:25pm July 3rd

Labor signs began about 7a Fiona was restless and showing nesting behavior. About 4p contractions started. But stopped a couple hours later. So off to the vet we went for injections to restart her contractions. Poor Fiona was so uneasy at the vet office they brought her back to me in the exam room. I sat with warm towels on the floor, she wanted to stand to push. She was so tired I lay her across my thigh and held her back end so she could push. After three strong contractions and a loud yelp of pain the pup's head emerged. One more push brought Libby in to the world.
Then to see she looked just like a border collie, imagine my surprise.



Fiona is doing well, she's a good mom. Fiercely protective of her pup towards the other dogs. My room has become the nursery. While it confuses the other dogs it calms her.

1 comment:

Renate said...

that is a big puppy for such a little dog!!!!