Thursday, January 1, 2009

The pains of fostering


As if you couldn't tell I fell fast and furious for Miss Hollie Berry. Monday morning after Christmas dog control called to say her owners had contacted them. That meant I had to return this lovely little girl. The worst part is I really fear for the quality of care her owners gave her or the lack of I should say. The day she came home with me she was treated for fleas, I removed numerous ticks, and gave her wormer for obvious reasons. She had many bites around her neck, a couple were deep puncture wounds. Hollie was also underweight. I guess all of that caused me to love her more. But none of it was enough to keep her from going back to her owners. When I see dogs in her condition, especially puppies, it causes such heartache. I wish the best for her. I was able to leave my card with the owners in case they ever want to part with her.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Vicki,
So sorry to hear about Hollie Berry. Sounds heartbreaking. We wish you comfort. K